Saturday, September 28, 2013

Coconut & Honey Hair Mask

Let me just start by saying I LOVE organic, virgin, coconut oil!
I use it for EVERYTHING... cooking, skin care, hair care, and even healing! So of course, because I put my hair through the ringer, between colouring, bleaching, straightening... you get the picture, I needed some major help.

You can skip the honey, if that's not your thing... but it definitely adds to this hair treatment.

I used about 2 tbs of organic honey (I purchased it from bulk barn) 
and about a 1 tbs of organic virgin coconut oil (Costco.. but you can purchase from most grocery stores)

I mixed it together, heated it quickly with a hairdryer (to make it a bit runny... not hot) and applied to my hair. Throw your hair in a bun and if you have it, a shower cap and read a magazine or relax for about 20-30 minutes (depending on the dryness and damage of your hair, you can leave it in longer). 

If your hair is oily like mine, I don't recommend putting it near your roots, especially if you have somewhere to go after. 

Shower and shampoo as normal... 

Now you should have some shiny and smooth locks ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment